The best way to stave off sleep deprivation is TO EAT! On my way to work, I veered into Tim Horton's in Augusta for my favorite egg n cheese sandwich on a biscuit. It's two dollars and some change.
My tired self swaggered around the drive thru to the window with the little girl and the head set. (You heard me right, I swaggered in my car!) I whipped out my sleepie 20 dollar bill, grabbed my perfectly folded sandwich, snatched up my change, tossed it loose in my purse and scooted off to work.
Guess what?! I got paid to eat my favorite egg sandwich! My change was (4) 5 dollar bills, some ones and some change. It was $23 and change! Neato!
Do I keep it?
Do I take it back?
Do I laugh?
Well, at my "home" Tim Horton's in Lewiston, I imagine those chipper people to just find it the sweetest thing if I brought back money. I figured Augusta isn't far from Lewiston, should be the same. I went for some karma energy.
WRONGO!
I called Timmy Ho's to speak to the supervisor. I told him my little ditty & that I'd like to bring back the $5. The response, "Okay, thanks."
SERIOUSLY!?
After the lack luster response, I seriously contemplated not taking back the $5. Then I remembered that we don't do nice things to be acknowledged. We do them to be nice.
So I took back the $5 this morning, still hoping that maybe the rainy weather (instead of freezing ass cold) would add a smile to the man's face.
IT DIDN'T!
When my response to, "How can I help you?" was "I'd like to just give you your $5 back from yesterday!" he just said, "Ok."
OK?!?!?!!! Ok what?!? "OK, I'll put that five bucks in my pocket?" "OK, I wrote up that dumb girl even though you are a nice person?"
No thank you?!?! Not even a smile?! I was more disappointed that Ralphie when he didn't get his Red Writer Bee Bee Gun.
I spun around to leave only to see the 1 customer in the store, a well dressed man driving a BMW. (There was only 1 car in the parking lot.) He saw me hand the supervisor the money, smile n leave. He smiled back. I bet he's wondering what he has to do to get $5 from a chipper girl like me. I bet it gave him something to think about besides cream or sugar.
Don't rain on my parade. I bet I made his day cause he made mine!
some folks just don't get it......dope!
ReplyDelete