Thursday night there was a package from Old Navy on my porch. It was the reality of this situation-
"the not so itsy bitsy brown polka dot tankini" for Aruba. That's right folks. Aruba. In 4 weeks. Ryan's words, "Those bottoms are WAAAAAYYYYYY too big for you!" Oh yeah, watch me pull a rabbit outta my butt!
VOILA!
And they fit.
Alright, so it's the double reality. I'm going to Aruba in a month in a tankini (which I would love 1 size smaller without the spare tire floatie attached to my body.)
No surprise-the work out got done Thursday night!
Is it any coincidence that there wasn't time or energy to post on Thursday night about the real live emotion about the size of the shorts in the Old Navy package and the reality that Friday I couldn't find 10 minutes to go for walk?
Probably.
Friday reality set in at work-I've got a full caseload of people that want help again. That fills my soul with a lot of compassion. It's 9 hours of compassion with no breaks for fresh air and 10 minute walks though. Coincidence again though-One of my sickest clients did the awesomest thing-Instead of drinking cause she heard something that upset her in group, she baked a cake for a group member that turned 21. Friday, not only did I not walk, I also ate homemade chocolate cake with homemade peanut butter frosting. Oh yes I did. And then I had lasagna for dinner at a wake. Um, how many polka dot expanders do I get for that?!?
Lena didn't really sleep last night. I didn't either. The energy level is low but the commitment is high.
Plan for today:
1. Bundle Lena up to do 10* walk to the bank. There's my 10 minute walk to make up for yesterday.
2. If she naps, I do my 10 minute work out. If she doesn't nap, Aunt Carla offered to watch her. I will drive her all the way there to guarantee the work out gets done.
So there polka dots.
20 minute week, here I come!
PS-Remind me: No scale this week cause your boobs are huge which means your aunt flo is around the corner and stashing water.
you make me laugh, and you make me think. Nice combo for sure. Keep up the good work, maybe I will workout today.......
ReplyDeleteMom, you better have done some sort of work out today cause I got both in!!!!!
ReplyDelete