Monday, January 6, 2014

Lena is so Insane


  • Lena is insane
    • "She's so cute" blah blah blah. Ah ha. I hear you. She also-
      • Has replaced kisses with zerberts
      • Thinks it's neat to try to put things in my bra
      • Exercises "her will" by not going to bed and refusing to eat
      • Only eats peanut butter and jelly on separate pieces of bread. I can't stick them together. All she does is lick it off. 
      • Lives in princess dresses. LIVES in them. We have one for every day of the week now. It doesn't matter because she worships one that used to be someone's flower girl dress. It's coming apart at the seams. Literally. 
      • Sits on the drain in the bathtub when it's draining. Not only am I afraid that she is going to break the drain. It also weirds me out that it might feel good to her. 
      • Has learned that if she screams things like, "Mommy, you are hurting me!" "Mommy, stop, that's bad," "Mommy you are mean to me and I don't like it" that I will stop whatever it is. 
        • Doing this in public is especially embarrassing
          • Take for instance, the knock down drag out temper tantrum after sitting at the gate for an hour while they de-iced our plane in Chicago at 9 p.m. Yes, that one where she screamed all those things, kicked & hit all the seats around us, flailed herself into the aisle, ripped the necklace off of my neck and some of my hair too. 
      • Oh yeah, and I can't forget-running the wrong way on the people mover in O'Hare. That was neat. Especially when Ryan was alone with her. Suddenly, she tripped, got caught at the end, sucked up her dress and brought Ryan to his knees. I wasn't there but I could hear it from the store...the store that I was in buying maxi pads to use as a diaper for the final leg since she had to wear her nighttime diaper on the first leg when she decided she needed to pee during take off..
Yes, there are lots of sweet & fun things to tell you about Lena & her life right now. I think it's funnier to laugh at the things that don't make me laugh when she's doing it. 

This is the beginning of a tantrum on the airplane




1 comment:

  1. Haha! You should listen to the Podcast "Parental Discretion" Bet you'd enjoy it, and great piece!

    ReplyDelete